Wednesday, April 19, 2017

Thing 28:Online Learning and DIY PD



Completing Thing 28 was just the nudge I needed to begin synthesizing the work I've started toward developing a personalized learning plan.   Beginning now, I will work toward completing the following goals:  
👉Stay abreast of trends in education and technology
👉Connect with innovative educators
👉Educate myself on specific topics related to technology, education and leadership
As the school year draws to a close, I hope to make some progress toward achieving these goals with the various resources I've identified.  I'll be in a good place to continue my work throughout the summer, and bring new perspective to the 2017-8 school year.

A few years ago I created a Twitter account, but have only really begun regularly posting (and reposting) within the last year. While I have contributed posts of a personal nature in the past, I use Twitter now as a professional tool to connect with other educators and participate in professional discussions.  I follow many researchers and educators, both locally and nationally and have created lists to narrow down posts and make reading more manageable!

I have also joined 13 different communities on edWeb, a social network for professional learning.  Because this forum is new to me, I found it challenging to be selective because so many are interesting.  If I had the time and ability, I probably would join more!   I'm excited to start exploring and in particular, I look forward to contributing to the Emerging Tech group.

In addition, I started a Listly account to use in curating resources.  I hope to use this (perhaps even in conjunction with BloomBoard) as a "grounding place" for good reads, ideas and tools.   




1 comment:

  1. Terrific, sounds like you have a solid and manageable plan in place!

    ReplyDelete